Pages

Thursday, November 19

I would choose time.


Has it really been a week since I blogged? Time flies... Well, I've been feverishly, once again, getting ready for the Encinitas Street Fair. My mind is going to explode with ideas for paintings... It's like one painting gives birth to 10 more and pretty soon I have 103 little infant ideas floating around in my head... with extremely limited time to get them out on canvas.;

It just stinks that we have to sleep. If only we didn't have to sleep! Just think of the time we would have on our hands.

I so often forget that I am human and procrastinate until the night before and figure... I can just stay up all night. And then my 7th cup of coffee hits at about 3:00 AM and I realize, "Dang. I'm not superwoman? I totally forgot." and I promise myself to remember, but I don't. I forget. again and again...kind of like after Thanksgiving..."I'm never, ever eating this much again..."

It all boils down to time and money. To get money, you have to sacrifice time. To get time you have to sacrifice money. And the older I get the more I realize just how very precious time is. Money comes & goes, but unfortunately I need it to eat and buy new socks and take a shower...

But had I a choice to make I would choose time. Over and over again, I would choose time.

I'm off to paint at 2:15 in the morning, with only 2 cups of coffee in my belly and a brain overflowing with ideas... Just call me Superwoman, but please don't ask me how I'll get up with my baby in the morning. Thank the good Lord for Sesame Street!

1 comment:

  1. Thank God for sesame street! Yeah Elmo!!! Can't believe you can stay up this late and still function:/ let's get together soon for a play date. Miss you:)

    ReplyDelete