Pages

Saturday, April 23

Queen Bee is coming! (How to build tall structures out of wood while 8 months pregnant.)

Okay so, the title is a little misleading.
I haven't really figured it out yet.
But just you wait because...

the Queen Bee Market

the Queen Bee Market is coming!
It's just 2 weeks away, May 6 & 7 at the Del Mar Hilton
If you're in the area I hope you'll stop by.
I'd love to meet you.

It's been over a year since I've done any kind of show
SO I'm getting really excited & really nervous.
I always get overwhelmed & overcome with anxiety about the whole thing.
But this market is such a good opportunity that I didn't want to pass it up.
Right now I'm a little a lot overwhelmed with my booth set-up.
I've never had a one that I've really loved.
And it makes all the difference.
So I really want to plan it out and
cute it out and make it the best I can.
I walked around Cedros to get creative for displays
And  I came across this simple book shelf.


and thought: hmmmmmmmmmm.
Heck, I have a drill.
maybe I can do that.
Here's my idea:

{Can you picture it?}
(Did I mention that this wanting to do art is a
add to the list of things to learn:
how to build tall structures out of wood while 8 months pregnant.

Today my assisstant (Jack) & I will go to Home Depot
and beg for someone to help us.

Am I a little insane? Probably.
But then I think, heck, if 50 vendors can figure this
whole "cool-looking booth" thing out, I can figure it out, too.
Right?
Any suggestions?
I'll let you know how it goes...

6 comments:

  1. You seem to be a brave, creative, resourceful trailblazer. Love it. Keep us posted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE your idea!!!!!
    Really really love it.
    Wood is such a beautiful thing.
    Hope you and your belly enjoy
    the journey and that Home Depot
    was swarming with angels sent
    just for you today:)
    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! You seem to have so much confidence in me. i told the guys at Home depot I would probably be back. I need all of the swarming angels I can get. Thanks Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It´s a great idea for displaying art, not just books. Good luck with the market, may the sales be big! And happy Easter! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU CAN do it! yay! I love your ambition, Erin! Your assistant and your angels will certainly help! Let us know how it goes! Happy Easter to you and your family, K

    ReplyDelete