Pages

Thursday, June 27

31 Days of Scripture Art Journaling::Day 17: Adding Ephemera and Found Objects

Day 17: Adding Ephemera and Found Objects 


Finally! I'm back to Scripture Art Journaling.
Okay. Ephemera.
Odds and ends.
Cool stuff you find around town.
Old books, atlases, flashcards, ribbon,
buttons, tickets, money, stamps, envelopes.
Whatever makes you happy.

Find it, keep it, glue it down.



1. So, I started my page, just like all my other pages, 
 with gesso and paint and a paper towel.
You can find it in a little more detail here.


2. Then I added ephemera (flashcard, torn map, music)
and pretty paper with gel medium (Mod Podge will work)



3. I added a light orange wash to unify to piece.
A wash is just a little paint with a lot of water.
So I dip my paper towel in the paint, and then the water and spread it over the page.
Then I wipe off as much as I can.

4. After the wash I added some colored hearts with paint and some white scripted letters.


5. I added more paper scraps and hearts.


6. Finally I painted  the big words in the verse.
First with white & brown paint... 


then with different colored paint.





7. And I finished off the page with an extra fine point Sharpie.


 Here are some details...




 and here is my helper.




I don't love it. But it's done.
And that's just the way it happens sometimes.
Now go journal.

My goal is to finish this series in July!
{Just in time for the next series to start.}

See Day 18: Using photos in your journal

See all 31 days

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous...but sufficient. ..oops! Love your stuff Erin - you are so inspirational. Thank you ��

    ReplyDelete